Do note that the LM4780 IC used in this project has been discontinued by Texas Instruments, thus, it is getting harder to source. Newark/Farnell and RS currently hold all available distributor stock. Due to this fact, this will be your LAST CHANCE to purchase Parallel-86 boards. All parts except the LM4780 are currently in stock at Mouser.
Key features of the Parallel-86:
- Ultra-low 0.00012 % THD (1 W, 8 Ω, 1 kHz).
- Ultra-low 0.00020 % THD (55 W, 8 Ω, 1 kHz).
- Ultra-low 0.00043 % THD+N (55 W, 8 Ω, 1 kHz).
- 60 W output power into 8 Ω.
- 120 W output power into 4 Ω.
- Easily bridged for output powers exceeding 200 W (8 Ω).
- Ideally suited for high-power amplification.
- Differential input with nearly 90 dB CMRR eliminates hum and ground loop issues.
- Phenomenal power supply rejection ensures consistent, high performance even using unregulated power supplies.
- Elaborate use of planes and copper pours to maximize circuit performance by minimizing supply and ground impedances.
- Low-inductance signal ground connects to power ground at one point only for maximum performance.
- On-board Zobel and Thiele networks for maximum stability even with capacitive loads.
- On-board EMI/RFI input filter and ESD protection.
- On-board low noise voltage regulators for the driver op-amp and DC servo.
- Power and output terminal blocks accept wire sizes up to AWG 10 (5.2 mm2).
- All leaded. Easy to solder. 98 × 85 mm board footprint.
- Bill-of-materials includes a Mouser Electronics Project Link as well as Digikey part numbers.
More information on the Parallel-86 is available on the Parallel-86 Support page.