Limited Edition. Only 28 will be made!
If you need your Modulus-286 Kit configured for 230 V mains voltage, please include a note with your order.
The Modulus-286 Kit allows you to build a high-performance amplifier in a very small package for a very competitive price. As the name indicates, the Modulus-286 Kit uses two Modulus-286 amplifier modules along with a Connex Electronic SMPS300RE power supply custom made for Neurochrome to form a high-end amplifier that provides 2 × 65 W (8 Ω) and 2 × 125 W (4 Ω) at distortion levels well below audible. The two channels may be bridged to form a mono amplifier capable of delivering 140 W into 8 Ω. Bridged operation into 4 Ω is not recommended.
- All necessary amplifier modules, power supply module, connectors, wiring harnesses, chassis, internal mezzanine plate, mounting hardware, and detailed assembly instructions are included.
- Mains wiring harness comes pre-assembled. It’s plug-n-play!
- The kit can be assembled with commonly available tools.
- 2 × 65 W (8 Ω) – 2 × 105 W (4 Ω) – 1 × 140 W (8 Ω, bridged mono) at THD < -110 dB.
- Compact and lightweight: 240 × 240 × 100 mm – 3200 g.
For the full kit description, specifications, and performance graphs, please see the Modulus-286 Kit page.
Tools & Skills Needed for Assembly
Assembling the Modulus-286 Kit requires fundamental mechanics and electronics assembly skills. The main challenge of the assembly is the compactness of this amp, which will challenge those with big hands. The compactness may also test your patience. If this is the case for you, I suggest taking frequent breaks and working slowly.
I recommend having these tools on hand for the assembly:
- 5.5 and 7 mm nut drivers or sockets
- 2.5 mm hex key
- Philips #1 and #2 screwdrivers
- Torx-Plus IP8 (or Torx T8) and Torx T10 screwdrivers
- 2 mm and 3 mm flat blade screwdrivers
- Long needle nose pliers
- Regular needle nose pliers
- End cutters
- Wire strippers
- Crimp tool for quick connect terminals
- Utility knife
- Soldering iron and solder
- Heat gun (for shrinking heat shrink tubing)
- Two-part epoxy (5-minute type recommended)
A machinist’s ruler or slide caliper can be handy as well.