The Neurochrome HP-1 is an ultra-high end headphone amplifier capable of producing up to 3 W into a 20 Ω load at vanishingly low distortion. The HP-1 will drive even the most challenging headphones with the utmost fidelity and natural sonic profile. It is designed to be as close to a straight wire with gain as technically possible. In addition to providing the ultimate technical performance, the HP-1 also provides peace of mind as it contains advanced protection circuitry which will protect your headphones in case of various fault conditions.
- Fully optimized 4-layer circuit board.
- Total harmonic distortion: 0.000017 % (200 mW, 600 Ω).
- Total harmonic distortion: 0.000032 % (200 mW, 300 Ω).
- Total harmonic distortion: 0.000050 % (200 mW, 32 Ω).
- Total integrated output noise: 1.0 µV RMS (A-weighted, 20 Hz – 20 kHz).
- Output power: 3.0 W (32 Ω).
- Output power: 450 mW (300 Ω).
- Output power: 230 mW (600 Ω).
- Gain selectable (+6, +12, +20 dB) by front panel switch to accommodate a wide range of sources, including smartphones, tablets, DACs, and CD players.
- 1/4″ phone and 4-pin XLR output connectors.
- Balanced (XLR) and unbalanced (RCA) inputs.
- ±0.1 % tolerance Susumu RG-series resistors used in critical parts of the circuit to ensure the best possible performance.
- All signal switching is accomplished using relays with gold plated switch contacts.
- ALPS RK097 volume control potentiometer.
- Well filtered switching power supplies followed by onboard low noise linear post-regulators ensuring the highest power supply performance.
- Protection against DC voltage on the amplifier output.
- Integrated mains soft start and 320 Joule surge suppressor.
- ON indicator emitting a subtle and pleasant blue glow.
- International mains voltage compliant (85 – 264 VAC @ 47 – 440 Hz).
- All aluminum chassis made in Canada.
The HP-1 is available in various options ranging from a bare circuit board (no components included) for DIY assembly to a fully and assembled and tested product.
Please follow this link for the full circuit description, specifications, and performance measurements: HP-1 Product Description Page.