The Power-86 Power Supply Board is a companion board for the state of the art Neurochrome composite amplifiers. The intended use is for one Power-86 board to power two Modulus-86, one Modulus-286, or two LM3886DR boards in a stereo amplifier. It is however, possible to use one Power-86 board to power a mono block or, with a slight reduction in peak output power, more than two Modulus-86 boards.
The Power-86 board features:
- Optimized PCB layout.
- Minimized output impedance and ground impedance through the elaborate use of planes and pours.
- On-board, heat sinked bridge rectifier.
- Supports two electrolytic capacitors of up to 40 mm in specified diameter (max. diameter: 41.5 mm).
- Connector for power ON indicator LED.
- Simple capacitor snubber to eliminate coupling of diode switching noise into sensitive circuits.
- Molex MegaFit 23 A rated output connector compatible with the Modulus-286 and LM3886DR.
- Terminal blocks capable of handling up to AWG 10 (5.2 mm2) wire sizes.
- Detailed documentation describing how to identify the various windings on an Antek AN/AS-series power transformer and connect the transformer correctly.
- Links to projects set up with Mouser Electronics for ease of parts ordering as well as bill-of-materials featuring Digikey part numbers.
- 3.3 × 3.6 inch (84 × 92 mm) footprint.
Circuit boards are available for sale. Prices are in US Dollars and payment is handled via Paypal. You can pay with any of the major credit cards and do not need an account with Paypal to complete the purchase. A full set of schematics, circuit description, assembly guide, and bill-of-materials will be provided to paying customers.
The image below shows an example of a Power-86 board when completed according to the Mouser Project BOM. The cost of the parts is just shy of $40.
Very good instructions. Complete attention paid to all aspects of the power supply. Should have absolutely no trouble putting this together with those instructions. – Hank from Australia.